The Ford Performance Racing School – the only school to wear the Ford oval – offers unparalleled, exhilarating on-track driving instruction for every performance driving enthusiast, regardless of skill level or goal. All Ford Performance Racing School classes are conducted by highly-trained, race-experienced professional instructors at a world-class facility located outside Charlotte, NC.
The One-Day School is designed for anyone who wants to improve his or her high-performance driving skills, whether to pursue a career in motorsports or to fulfill a dream of driving a racecar. Participants receive both classroom and on-track instruction – with a midday break and catered lunch.
- Perfect for drivers at any level
- Learn control, cornering, downshift braking and more
- Professional instructors with championship experience
- Fundamentals of track driving from professionals
- Proper posture and seating position
- Vehicle Dynamics in a safe environment
- Heel/toe braking techniques
- Setting your track line – corner apex identification
- In-car communicators for immediate feedback to the driver
- The thrill and joy of performance driving using basic to advanced techniques
- Maximum 20 students per class
Ford Performance Racing School One-Day program:
- 7:30 am Check-In at the Ford Performance Welcome Center
- 8:00 am Classroom Session.
- Track Orientation Laps
- Heel/toe down shifting while breaking
- Cornering exercises (practice lines through corners)
- Vehicle dynamics exercise (skid car)
- Catered Salad and Sandwich Lunch
- Afternoon Classroom Session
- Rules of the track
- Putting all the exercises together
- Track Session: Hairpin Road Course – Lead and Follow – 20 minutes
- Track Session: Hairpin Road Course – Instructor ride along – 20 minutes.
- Final Track Session: Hairpin Road Course – 20 minutes.
- Wrap Up/Graduation – (Approximately 4:30pm)
(Daily schedule of activities is subject to change)
The Ford Performance Racing School One-Day program is $1,945.00, with the option to purchase Limited Liability for $200.00.
Full-day driving schools: For just $200.00 per day for the Mustang GT, you can purchase a property damage waiver option to limit financial responsibility to Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00). Without the limited liability, you assume full financial responsibility up to the full replacement value of the vehicle for any and all damage you do to the vehicle. This option can be purchased prior to attending or at check-in upon arrival at Ford Performance Racing School.
2015 Ford Performance Racing School Mustang GT
- Ford Performance FR3 Kit (includes springs, shocks, sway bars and Brembo brakes)
- Ford Performance radiator
- External engine oil cooler
- Differential cooler
- 285/35/19 BFGoodrich gForce Comp 2 tires
- RECARO racing seats
- Safecraft 4-point harness
- Ford Performance exhaust with black tips
- Custom 6-point roll cage
- Custom rear close-out panel
- HDX2 Race Keeper video system
- 435 horsepower
- 400 lb.-ft torque